November 24, 2009
Here is a check list of a full boiler inspection that our plumbing and heating technicians perform:
- Check operation of safety limit control controls.
- Check pressure relief valve.
- Check water pressure and temperature set points.
- Check expansion tank.
- Check operation of thermostat.
- Lubricate circulating pump as required.
- Check radiant floor temperature control device (mixing valve or equipment).
- Check pressure switches and vent blower (if applicable).
- Inspect burners and clean if required.
- Examine vent connector and inspect venting system.
- Check the vent damper operation (if applicable).
- Check and adjust pilot light (if applicable).
- Check flame rectification.
- Measure the stack (flute) temperature.
- Check gas piping to boiler.
- Check and adjust manifold gas pressure.
- Clock appliance to verify correct input.
- Combustion / ventilation air adequate.
- Check for elevated carbon monoxide levels.
- Inspect heat exchanger.
- Check temperature difference between supply and return piping.
- Check for Carbon Monoxide.
Leave a Reply