A few customers called Papa Plumbing today asking about water restrictions.
so of course this inspired me to compile as much information as I can and put it in a blog post. Did I ever mention how much I love my blog??
Anyway back to business, here are the lawn sprinkling restrictions from now until the end of September for Metro Vancouver, this includes North Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond, Delta, Port Coquitlam, Maple Ridge, Langley, and New Westminster:
- Even-numbered addresses may sprinkle lawns 4-9 a.m. Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
- Odd-numbered addresses may sprinkle lawns 4-9 a.m. Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.
- Even-numbered addresses may sprinkle lawns 1-6 a.m. Monday and Wednesday
- Odd-numbered addresses may sprinkle lawns 1-6 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday
- All non-residential addresses can also sprinkle 4-9 a.m. Friday
These are the exemptions to the water restrictions:
- Watering newly-planted lawns outside of restricted times will require a special permit from your municipality.
- Watering of flower and vegetable gardens, decorative planters, shrubs and trees.
- Filling of pools, spas, water play parks and fountains.
- Washing of cars or boats using spring-loaded shutoff.
- Sports playing fields and school yards. Lawns at golf courses and turf farms.
- Artificial turf requiring wetting and outdoor tracks requiring hosing for dust control or safety.
West Vancouver Water Restrictions:
Restrictions are in place June 1st to September 30th: Even-numbered premises on Wednesdays and Saturdays; Odd-numbered on Thursdays and Sundays. may water their lawns and gardens. Hours: 4am to 9am and 7pm to 10pm. Hand watering and sprinkling of vegetable gardens, shrubs and flowers are all unrestricted. Violations carry fines of up to $100.00.
Here are the City of Surrey Water Restrictions which also apply to Coquitlam:
EVEN numbered addresses may sprinkle on Wednesdays and Saturdays
ODD numbered addresses may sprinkle on Thursdays and Sundays
Between the hours of:
4:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Most lawns only need about 2.5 centimeters of water per week (depth of a tuna can). This amount can easily be applied by sprinkling once a week.
When hosing or pressure washing outdoor surfaces, or washing boats or motor vehicles, water hoses must be equipped with an automatic shut-off device.
1. Remember to adjust your automatic irrigation systems. To minimize peak period water demands, we recommend irrigation system operation, on one of your permitted days, between 4 a.m. and 6 a.m.
2. Multi unit developments are permitted to sprinkle according to the development address, not the individual unit numbers.
3. New sod or seeded lawns (installed within the last three weeks with proof of installation date – invoice or delivery slip), may be watered more frequently provided that a permit is first obtained by applying in person with the Engineering Department, Main Floor, City Hall. Permits are valid for 21 days at a cost of $30.
4. Watering of flowers, shrubs, trees and vegetable gardens is not affected by the regulations during this stage of the restrictions. To conserve water, consider using a watering can or a hose with a spring loaded or other automatic shut-off nozzle, and water in the morning.
The City of White Rock:
• Even numbered premises may water on Wednesday and Saturday.*
• Odd numbered premises may water on Thursday and Sunday.*
• Water only between 4 a.m. and 9 a.m. on permitted days.
* Multi-family dwellings are considered even or odd depending on the overall building number and not the unit number.
• Even numbered premises may water on Monday and Wednesday between 1 a.m. and 6 a.m.
• Odd numbered premises may water on Tuesday and
Thursday between 1 a.m. and 6 a.m.
• All non-residential addresses can also water on Friday between
4 a.m. and 9 a.m.
FLOWERS, SHRUBS and VEGETABLE GARDENS
Hand watering of gardens is allowed.
Washing is only permitted if using a hose equipped with a spring loaded shut-off device
If you have any questions about the water restrictions, please visit your local municipality’s website or call them.
You can also visit Metro Vancouver’s Website which is an excellent source of information.
HAPPY WATERING EVERYONE !
AND TOMORROW JUNE 15TH IS GAME 7.. GO CANUCKS GO !! This is OUR CUP ! BELIEVE !!